[OpenStack-Infra] JJB V2.0 planning

Darragh Bailey daragh.bailey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 11:45:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

Quick reminder that we're approaching the second planned sync up for JJB
v2.0 api patches.
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/VirtualSprints#JJB_V2.0_API_Sprint

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/jjb_api_v2.0 contains a list of 7 patches
that I'd like us to get close to merging.

The first sync up helped clarify a few things, and I've a couple of
suggestions to help us improve on the progress made:

   - Try to review the next set of patches before the sync up start
   - Use the meeting time to agree what changes need to be made if any
   - Document changes that can be added as follow up work (although
   rebasing the set with invasive reworks can help you understand how
   everything is working and help you better understand the entire series,
   it's best if we can avoid doing that for the proposed patches for the sync
   up, and do any more extensive rework outside of them).
   - Then look to try and sub divide some patches to spread the load

I've pushed up a rebased set of Wayne's patches yesterday and this morning,
to make it easier to follow the changes added to the series by a patch I've
added in.

Hopefully everyone gets a chance to review in time, and I think things will
get substantially easier now after this week, hopefully see more landed
outside of the sync-ups from next week.

Chat to you in #openstack-sprint on Friday.

--
Darragh Bailey
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"