[OpenStack-Infra] JJB 1.4.0 delete-all no longer deletes jobs

Darragh Bailey daragh.bailey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:32:25 UTC 2016

Hi Thanh,

I suspect there's an issue with the groovy script that is used in
place of the REST api point executing, see:
https://github.com/openstack-infra/jenkins-job-builder/blob/master/jenkins_jobs/builder.py#L168-L173

Maybe you don't have sufficient privs to execute the script, but the
code isn't checking the result of calling run_script() on Jenkins.

Any chance you could try and capture the return value from those lines?

On 19 January 2016 at 18:00, Wayne Warren <wayne at puppetlabs.com> wrote:
> What command line flags did you pass?
>
> I don't generally use this or the 'delete' subcommand, preferring
> instead to use python-jenkins directly.
>
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Thanh Ha <thanh.ha at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> It seems to me that JJB 1.4.0's delete-all function has regressed and no
>> longer performs the delete function. Instead it simply provides the
>> following output and exits without performing any deletes.
>>
>> Sure you want to delete *ALL* jobs from Jenkins server?
>> (including those not managed by Jenkins Job Builder) (Y/N): y
>> INFO:root:Deleting all jobs
>> INFO:jenkins_jobs.builder:Number of jobs to delete:  50
>> INFO:jenkins_jobs.builder:Cache saved
>>

>> Has anyone else noticed this issue as well?
>>
>> I'll try to find some time to investigate which patch introduced this issue
>> unless someone else gets to it first but thought I'd inform the team.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Thanh

Darragh Bailey
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"