[OpenStack-Infra] Moving wiki.o.o to OpenStackID login?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 11 15:09:10 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-11 22:38:34 +0800 (+0800), Tom Fifield wrote:
> I believe a while back we talked about moving wiki.o.o to use the
> OpenStackID.
>
> Knowing MediaWiki it's probably pretty hard, but is it something
> that's on the radar these days?

As with migrating any of the existing systems from
login.launchpad.net to openstackid.org, the biggest complication is
coming up with a means of mapping accounts on one to accounts on the
other. This is especially challenging as the two do not necessarily
share any common key and may in the cases of many accounts share no
common data at all. What we need to decide is whether we make some
best-effort attempt to map up what accounts we can, or just punt and
expect everyone to end up with new accounts. I'm open to either
option but others may have stronger opinions on continuity there.