[OpenStack-Infra] [shade]

Richard Cunningham cunningr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 10:54:42 UTC 2016

Hi there,

I am trying to use ansible os_server module (which uses shade) to start a
new VM and copy files to the instance.  I can't find this option exposed in
the ansible module and when I check the shade docs they suggest that this
option is deprecated:

http://docs.openstack.org/infra/shade/usage.html

   - *files* – (optional, deprecated) A dict of files to overwrite on the
   server upon boot. Keys are file names (i.e. /etc/passwd) and values are
   the file contents (either as a string or as a file-like object). A maximum
   of five entries is allowed, and each file must be 10k or less.

Is there another newer way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Rich