[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-dev] [all][stable][ptls] Tagging liberty as EOL

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Dec 14 14:56:11 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2016-12-14 08:37:10 -0500:
> Excerpts from Joshua Hesketh's message of 2016-12-14 23:54:20 +1100:
> > The repos listed[0] have had stable/liberty branch removed and replaced
> > with a liberty-eol tag. Any open reviews have been abandoned.
> >
> > Please let me know if there are any mistakes or latecomers to the list.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Josh
>
> Projects seeing release note build failures with errors like:
>
>   Command '(['git', 'log', '--simplify-by-decoration', '--pretty="%d"',
>   'origin/stable/liberty'],)' returned non-zero exit status 128
>
> Should remove the liberty.rst page from their release notes builds.

I've posted https://review.openstack.org/410792 to teach reno about our
EOL process, but it may be some time before we have a release that
includes that fix because it relies on a significant rewrite of reno's
internals.

Rather than removing the liberty.rst file, it may also be possible
to just change "stable/liberty" in that file to "liberty-eol", since
the fix linked above should support that form, too. vdrok is going
to try this in ironic.

Doug