[OpenStack-Infra] April 13th Infra StoryBoard bug day and low-hanging-fruit tagging

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Tue Apr 12 17:53:01 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Elizabeth K. Joseph
<lyz at princessleia.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Back in 2013 and 2014 we hosted quarterly bug days where we'd go
> through the Infra bugs to evaluate status, make updates and generally
> triage the queue of bugs. When we moved off of Launchpad and on to
> StoryBoard, we stopped doing these days. As discussed at our meeting
> today, StoryBoard has come a long way and it seems we're in a place
> where it's technically possible for us to resume bug days.
>
> So we'll be once again hosting an Infra bug day! It will begin on
> Wednesday, April 13th at 15:00 UTC and go for 24 hours, as time zones
> allow for participants, in #openstack-sprint
>
> We should plan on working on the following:
>
>  * General review, evaluation and triage of outstanding bugs
>  * Make sure low-hanging-fruit tags are still valuable and accurate,
> and hopefully add more so that new contributors have tasks they can
> tackle
>  * As we do all this work on StoryBoard, chat with some of the
> StoryBoard developers, Zara and SotK, about what we still need from
> StoryBoard itself to support our work
>
> An etherpad has been created here where we'll brainstorm, coordinate
> updates and *possibly* have a listing of bugs like we did with past
> bug days (I'll be looking into that):
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cibugreview-april2016

Quick reminder that this is coming up tomorrow, April 13th.

Zara pointed me in the direction of python-storyboardclient so I'm
going to try to make time this afternoon to see about getting it to
spit out a bug list a la our past bug days with Launchpad, but no
promises, the library has been neglected for some time. Even if we
don't have a useful bug listing in the Etherpad I think this will
still be a productive day, there are a lot of bugs going back months
that we have to triage, so a slightly less organized pile on to get
through the queue should be ok for this first StoryBoard-using bug
day.