[OpenStack-Infra] How to run tests that require SUDO permission?

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Wed Sep 2 08:46:46 UTC 2015

On 02/09/15 05:40, Doron Chen wrote:
Hi,

For our project, we would like to run some functional tests which require sudo permission.
For instance, we would like to be able to install packages such as lxc-docker.

Is there a way to enable sudo operations?

Alternatively, is there a way to specify packages, such as lxc-docker, as requirements, so that they are pre-installed in the testing VM?

Thank you very much,
      Doron
Hi Doron,

You can find the answer to this for Neutron testing here: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/devref/development.environment.html.  Please search in that page for "To run all the functional tests, including those requiring sudo privileges".

I'm afraid I don't know if there is a similar answer for other projects, or for OpenStack as a whole.

By the way, did you mean to send this question to openstack-infra?  openstack-dev would probably be a better forum - unless you are specifically talking about testing some of OpenStack's project infrastructure tools.

Regards,
    Neil