[OpenStack-Infra] logstash.o.o weirdness

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Oct 27 02:32:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 02:42 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> On 10/26/2015 10:22 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> > I've been out for a week so I don't know if this is a known issue or not
> > given the people that would probably know for sure are most likely
> > asleep in Tokyo right now.
> >
> > http://logstash.openstack.org/#/dashboard doesn't give me anything, and
> > the links from http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
> > seem to redirect to nothing.
> >
> > This was working 2 weeks ago, did something change?
> >

> Sounds like this should help:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:merged+project:openstack-infra/puppet-kibana+branch:master+topic:logstash-dashboard,n,z

Unfortunately that wasn't it, but I did find out what the issue was. We
lost the elasticsearch cluster node that apache proxies to (likely due
to rackspace vulnerability patching related reboots). The cluster
remained up though so we should probably switch to running a local ES
client to proxy to that will then load balance to the whole cluster.

In any case this is working again and can look at improvements post
summit.

Sorry for the trouble,
Clark