[OpenStack-Infra] new-project swauth

Lisak, Peter Peter.Lisak at firma.seznam.cz
Thu Oct 22 08:01:40 UTC 2015

Thanks for answer and explaining.

Definitely we also try to apply to start a new project team (our developers with original project author).

--
Peter Lisák
peter.lisak at firma.seznam.cz<mailto:peter.lisak at firma.seznam.cz>

On 2015-10-21 15:28:43 +0000 (+0000), Lisak, Peter wrote:
[...]
We (as Seznam.cz company) have permission from swauth author
(https://github.com/gholt) to take it over and continue in
development/extending/fixing issues.

This is not unusual. The OpenStack community has adopted at least a
few abandoned dependencies in the past so that we can support them
indefinitely, or to buy time so we can migrate to better-maintained
alternatives.

So I will appreciate if swauth could become an official OpenStack
project and use gerrit for code review, autotests and other great
features to keep it "alive and health".
[...]

You may be confusing "hosted on OpenStack community infrastructure"
with "Official OpenStack Project." You are welcome to share our
infrastructure to host an OpenStack-related project you maintain,
but for it to be considered an official part of OpenStack you need
to either convince an existing official project team to adopt it or
apply[*] to the Techical Committee to start a new project team.

[*] http://governance.openstack.org/reference/new-projects-requirements.html