[OpenStack-Infra] Unretire compass-install

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Tue Nov 3 23:11:33 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 05:49 PM, Xicheng Chang wrote:
> Hi Anita,
>
> I am trying to understand the process to unretire compass-install and
> rename it to openstack namespace. In an earlier email you wrote:
> ">> Someone on the infra team will have to manually change the gerrit
>>> permissions on the repo before a patch to compass-install following
>>> this pattern can merge:
>>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/237720/
>>>
>>> This patch reverts the removal of contents for the repo:
>>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/237741/
>>>
>>> This patch will allow the project to be moved to the openstack/
>>> namespace as active projects are no longer in stackforge:
>>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/237753/ This patch is also linked here:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/InfraTeamMeeting#Upcoming_Pr
>>> oject_Renames
>>> "
>
> My understanding is that the first two CLs should be made by someone on the
> infra team, and we are responsible for submitting the last CL. Am I right?
>
> Thanks,
> Xicheng

All the patches should be created by your team. Infra will only step in
to create patches if a patch is missing and we would miss the gerrit
downtime window if we didn't.

My note on the first patch is that before the patch can be merged
someone with gerrit admin permissions needs to set the project
permissions manually to accept the merged patch. This would be an action
by the infra team and does not require a patch.

Thanks for the email, do reply if you have any other questions. We are
set to rename this on Friday North America daytime so please don't delay
in ensuring this work is done.

Thank you,
Anita.