[OpenStack-Infra] DNS domains

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 26 13:53:06 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-26 09:31:27 -0400 (-0400), Dan Prince wrote:
[...]
> We recently spoke about transferring the management of the
> tripleo.org domain within the TripleO team (between the
> developers). Before we go and initiate any transfer would it make
> sense for the infra team to manage this? Does the infra team
> manage DNS domains for related upstream projects?

The OpenStack Infrastructure Team has mostly taken on management of
"vanity" DNS domains when established services on those domains have
moved to run under the team's direct control, usually accompanied
shortly by CNAMEs and/or URL redirectors to relevant subdomain
records under the openstack.org domain so that we can work to retire
the original domains gracefully.