[OpenStack-Infra] puppet-openstackci git history

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Fri May 22 04:01:02 UTC 2015

On 05/21/2015 08:42 PM, Spencer Krum wrote:
> How did we get here?
>
> For a long time there were two place to put configuration: the <thing>
> module, or the openstack_project::<thing> class. Both of these were in the
> same repository and it didn't much matter to anyone where configuration
> went.
>
> In my mind we should move everything we responsibly can into the modules
> themselves. That greatly reduces the volume of code in openstackci and
> openstack_project. Such refactors across repos does break the utility of
> tools like git-bisect, but the history is still preserved in system-config
> and someone who knows our history can find that easily.

My point was not keep things in system-config, it was move them into
openstackci namespace inside system-config to preserve the history.
Then, once you are happy openstackci is working like you want, then move
it into the external module.

project-config and system-config, we kept the history for each until
they diverged.  Now, puppet-openstackci has 10 commits.