[OpenStack-Infra] Biting the bullet on issue tracking

JP Maxwell jp at tipit.net
Wed Mar 25 20:09:57 UTC 2015

Greetings everyone :)  I understand you are potentially looking for an
issue management system to adopt.  I'd like to throw it out there that you
have a look at Tipit's forked version of Chili Project (
http://www.chiliproject.org ) which itself is a fork of red mine.

Keep in mind Chili Project is no longer maintained.  In some respects I
think this is a good thing as a community, such as Open Stack, would be
prime to take it over and run with it.  We currently maintain our fork
ourselves.

We have put a fair amount of effort into improving it - especially the
e-mail integration and etherpad integration pieces.  There is certainly
more that could be done.  But under the hood we find it to be a fairly
flexible data model and pretty reasonable to work with.

I would be happy to deploy an instance on a server at Rackspace if you'd
like to login and have a look around.   Also, here are our Git Hub repos:

https://github.com/tipitnet/chiliproject

https://github.com/tipitnet/chiliproject_tipit_mailgun_handler_plugin

In summation, here are a few features it has that I believe align with what
you're looking for:

- Ability to integrate with OpenStackID

- Option for self sign up

- Multi-task features with tags and comments

- Task dashboards

- No timeout issues

- Basic Restful API

- Ability to efficiently track tasks across a large set of projects and
branches (for our horizontal teams and sanity)

- Add story ID workflow integration with Gerrit/Git

- Incoming / Outgoing e-mail support

- Ability to be puppetized/jenkenized hosted in-house at Infra

- 100% opensource

Let me know what you think :)

J.P. Maxwell / tipit.net <http://www.tipit.net>