[OpenStack-Infra] Packaging Zuul for Debian

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Mar 11 14:17:14 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-10 15:29:22 -0700 (-0700), Clint Byrum wrote:
> Excerpts from Antoine Musso's message of 2015-03-10 15:11:18 -0700:
[...]
> > Wikimedia has a few Debian Developers in their infra team, so
> > having sponsors and reviews should not be a problem.  I am sure
> > OpenStack has a few people as well that might join the fun.
> >
> > I am sure providing packages for Debian/stable and Ubuntu/LTS
> > would make the life easier to OpenStack third parties and other
> > Zuul consumers. At least one is interested! :-)
>
> Looks like it has been on Debian's WNPP for a while:

> It's an RFP, so if you want to do it, I suggest assigning that RFP
> to yourself as an ITP and pushing forward.
[...]

Right, OpenStack has a significant number of contributors with
Debian packaging experience, including quite a few official Debian
and Ubuntu Developers among its ranks. I suspect the problem is more
that none of them have time to devote to the task, or it likely
would have happened already (same for gear, nodepool, et cetera).
Certainly if someone has time and wants to kick that work back into
action, I'm happy to keep it in my (horribly backlogged) review
queue.