[OpenStack-Infra] Nodepool for ubuntu vivid.

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Jun 5 00:46:13 UTC 2015

Hi All,
    CLearly I'm new here and I appologise if this is a stale topic.  I also
apologise for this being somewhat incoherant.

I'd like to test the current dev release of ubuntu (15.04) in the gate.
If I read nodepool.yaml.erb correctly then there currently isn't a nodepool
image defined for this.

I'd also like to do this in such a way that makes it easy to switch to 15.10
when that comes out.

My aims for doing this are:
1) http://docs.openstack.org/developer/devstack/overview.html
   claims we "support" devstack on the current ubuntu dev release so we shoudl probably try that :)
   Perhaps I'm mistaken but I'd expect that if do the intermediate dev releases
   then when a new LTS comes out there shoudl be less surprises.
2) I'd like to be able to test nova with "bleeding edge" qemu/libvirt
   *releases*.  My aim is to use a devstack plugin for that but I'd also like a
   job on the experimental queue and this ubuntu image would be the base for that.

What I'd like to achieve form this discussion is
1) Does this sound reasonable to the infra team?
2) Have someone on the infra team help/mentor me through the process for 15.04
   so that I can do 15.10 by myself.  Also council me on what I'm signing up for ;P

Note: As I said I'm happy to do this (with help) but right now I'm not in a
position to committ to a timeline.

Yours Tony.