[OpenStack-Infra] Helps needed for importing a new project (maybe a force-push?)

Yichen Wang (yicwang) yicwang at cisco.com
Fri Jul 31 22:22:59 UTC 2015

Hi, OpenStack Infra,

This is Yichen from Cisco. Thanks for all your guys' help on creating the new project kloudbuster under OpenStack. Now I am somehow got screwed, and really need your guys' guidance or suggestions on my case.

KloudBuster is a project which has been developed for months, and we want to preserve all the commit histories when migrating it to OpenStack. According to the project create guide, there is one section mentioned that I should use the "upstream" field to the gerrit/projects.yaml for importing a new project. This project is developed from a dedicated branch of stackforge/vmtp, so I was thinking my scenario might be different from the documents, and I didn't use the way suggested in the documents. As a result of now, an empty repo is created as openstack/kloudbuster.

I pulled the empty repo, did some git stuff locally for preserving the commit histories. Now I am having trouble pushing to remote. I tried to use "git review" as usual, but git is complaining basically means I cannot submit a review that is not committed by me. Which makes sense as I am of course not the only committer, and I can't submit an review that somebody else wrote. Then I tried to bypass the review and push to Gerrit directly, and I was told I am not allowed to edit the project ACL files to add the push permission because it is a policy violation. So I am stuck now...

So I am writing to see if anyone with infra root permission that can issue me a force-push for the initial commit, or shed me some lights on how to proceed next?

Appreciate all your helps in advance.

Thanks very much!

Regards,
Yichen