[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-infra][devstack-gate][CI] Downloading only required projects in CI.

Mikhail Medvedev mihailmed at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:28:22 UTC 2015

Abnishek,

 If you use jenkins job builder and have something similar to
infrastructure team's jjb configuration [1] , you would need to add an
export there. E.g.

export DEVSTACK_GATE_PROJECTS_OVERRIDE="openstack/cinder openstack/nova
openstack/neutron"

Obviously, change the project list to the projects you want to use. This
should force devstack-vm-gate-wrap.sh only to checkout those projects.

Sidenote: if you use nodepool and do use snapshot image builds based on
using prepare_node_devstack.sh scripts, you can also limit which project
repositories are cached to that image by changing your cache_git_repos.py
[2].

[1]
https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/jenkins/jobs/devstack-gate.yaml#L16-L20
[2]
https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/nodepool/scripts/cache_git_repos.py

cheers,

Mikhail Medvedev (mmedvede)

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Doug Wiegley <dougwig at parksidesoftware.com
> wrote:

> You can also override ENABLED_SERVICES with the minus syntax. Example:
>

> https://github.com/openstack/neutron-lbaas/blob/master/neutron_lbaas/tests/contrib/gate_hook.sh
>
> Thanks,
> doug
>

> On Jul 21, 2015, at 11:43 AM, Abhishek Shrivastava <abhishek at cloudbyte.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Mikhail,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, can you tell me one more thing that how to use
> this, I mean can you show me some examples regarding its syntax.
>
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 10:20 PM, Mikhail Medvedev <mihailmed at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Abnishek,
>>
>> I think you can use DEVSTACK_GATE_PROJECTS_OVERRIDE variable to limit the
>> projects you want.
>>
>> Mikhail Medvedev (mmedvede)
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Abhishek Shrivastava <
>> abhishek at cloudbyte.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> I have setup the CI using Ramy's guide and found a lot of ways to setup
>>> configs of Cinder, Tempest and DevStack using the Devstack Gate scripts
>>> mentioned and used in the guide.
>>>
>>> Even though we are able to set the Devstack services according to our
>>> needs, but still we have to download a lot of "*openstack-projects" *out
>>> of which only few are of our use.
>>>
>>> So, if anyone knows anything about how to download only required
>>> projects in CI please do reply.
>>>

>>>    - The project list mentioned in the "*devstack-vm-gate-wrap*"
>>>    script[1].
>>>    - Downloaded using "*functions.sh*" script through function "*setup
>>>    workspace*"[2]
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://github.com/openstack-infra/devstack-gate/blob/master/devstack-vm-gate-wrap.sh#L35
>>> [2]