[OpenStack-Infra] Askbot-staging puppet venv update

Jeremy Stanley jeremy at openstack.org
Sun Jul 19 11:06:54 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-19 06:58:17 +0000 (+0000), Marton Kiss wrote:
[...]
> Do you think that the puppet-agent was disabled on that host due the
> smartcn failure? The last update was on July 15. I put back the agent into
> disabled state, until we resolve this issue.
[...]

Nope, as I explained in IRC last week, the cloudflare implementation
breaks assumptions made by our puppetry (specifically, that our
puppetmaster will be able to SSH to the server by its
fully-qualified domain name, which is now a CNAME to some Web
proxies somewhere). If there is a desire to actually use that, we
would need to deploy a new server so that the hostname can be
something other than the Web site name.

However, when updating it manually, I do still get:

    Could not evaluate: Could not retrieve information from
    environment production source(s)
    file:/tmp/solr-4.10.4/contrib/analysis-extras/lucene-libs/lucene-analyzers-smartcn-4.10.4.jar