[OpenStack-Infra] Question for periodic job

fumihiko kakuma kakuma at valinux.co.jp
Fri Dec 18 06:18:06 UTC 2015

Hi Matthew,

Your information was very helpful.

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 21:15:06 -0500
Matthew Treinish <mtreinish at kortar.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 01:23:17PM +0900, fumihiko kakuma wrote:
> > Hi infra-team,
> >
> > I added 2 jobs[1] in project-config. If they are stable
> > I'm going to put it to periodic queue.
> > Then can I use periodic-stable queue?
>
> There is also a periodic-qa queue that works in largely the same manner except
> that it reports to the openstack-qa ML, which is dead and just hasn't been
> removed only so we'll have a place to report the periodic job results to. But,
> if you don't want to use any of these I don't think there is anything stopping
> you from creating a new periodic-neutron queue or something like that.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will use periodic-qa.
But if I create the new periodic queue(for example periodic-samp),
its result automatically is put to http://logs.openstack.org/periodic-samp ?
Also can I use an another timer?

> > A result of periodic job is put
> > http://logs.openstack.org/periodic/ .
> > It takes times to find a failed results from there.
> > On the other hand, when a job on periodic-stable failed,
> > it sends its results to openstack-stable-maint ML.
> >
> > Or there are some ways to find the failed results from
> > the log directory of periodic job?
>
> Unfortunately, the periodic jobs only have the option of reporting to a ML and
> that's the only way to really find results from them. (you can see where this is
> configured in zuul's layout.yaml [2]) It's far from ideal because it basically
> means no one ever looks at the results and there's no easy way to track it over
> time. This problem was actually one of the primary motivations we had for
> starting openstack-health which, you can access here:
>
> http://status.openstack.org/openstack-health/#/

Oh, it's interesting. It may be usefull.

> There are probably some thing still things missing from the dashboard (like
> listing links to recent runs on a job's page) so we haven't fully replaced the
> ML result reporting yet. But, that's one of the eventual goal and we're getting
> there slowly. If you'd like to help with this effort so we have a good solution
> for tracking periodic jobs the code for the project is here:
>
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-health/
>
> and we're tracking work items on:
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-health-tracking

I will watch it. Hmm, but I'm not familiar with java script.

Thanks a lot,
fumihiko kakuma

--
fumihiko kakuma <kakuma at valinux.co.jp>