[OpenStack-Infra] Spot instances for CI

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Thu Dec 17 15:08:07 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Jean-Daniel Bonnetot's message of 2015-12-17 01:24:33 -0800:
> Hi infra,
>
> You probably know that the foundation need more ressources for the CI.
> What do you think about pushing spot instances?
> It could be a great solution for our CI and make a smaller step for providers to give ressources « when they can ».
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/104883/

Help me map this to infra's needs. Right now generally a quota is given,
and that's as much as a provider can let infra use for free.

So to take advantage of this, spot instances would need to have either
0 impact on one's quota, or a separate quota. Yes? The word quota does
not appear in the spec, so I'm curious to hear how that would be managed
in general, but especially for nodepool usage by infra.