[OpenStack-Infra] A proposal to use phabricator for issue tracking

Antoine Musso hashar at free.fr
Thu Apr 16 11:59:07 UTC 2015

On 03/04/15 18:06, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2015-04-03 11:54:00 -0400 (-0400), Sean Dague wrote:
> [...]
>> 2) is there an event stream of changes (either real time or rss) that
>> can be consumed by said tools? Having the change stream would be really
>> helpful.
>
> Which relates to a feature request we hear all the time: "is there a
> way to have bug events spammed to our IRC channel?" If LP had a
> proper event stream, we'd probably already be doing that.

Hello,

The fab python module wraps around the Phabricator Conduit system:
  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/fab

A few volunteers from the Wikimedia community created a python bot that
consumes event, store them in a redis queue, format and route messages
to IRC channels.

The repo is hosted on our Gerrit:
   https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/p/labs/tools/wikibugs2.git

Web view:
   http://git.wikimedia.org/summary/?r=labs/tools/wikibugs2.git

Our routing definition:

http://git.wikimedia.org/blob/labs%2Ftools%2Fwikibugs2.git/master/channels.yaml

There is some sparse documentation at:
   https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/wikibugs

You can find the three authors in #wikimedia-labs, their IRC nicks,
location and potential timezones are:

     legoktm     SF, PST
     valhallasw  Europe, CET
     YuviPanda   SF, PST

I am sure they are willing to take patches and give you more informations.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso