[OpenStack-Infra] [Zuul] fixed jenkins slave error in fetching merged source from zuul

daya kamath daya_k at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 05:41:26 UTC 2014

all,
i faced the following issue a few days ago, and wanted to list here, but not sure if its due to my setup, or the scripts need to be updated. my 3rd party CI setup is configured using puppet scripts from jay pipes's repo.

i had an issue with the jenkins slave node picking up the merged patch from zuul server, and the slave node was simply picking up the base code from the master branch without the merged change.
saw the foll error (or similar) in devstack-gate-setup-workspace-new.txt -
2014-08-27 05:48:44.612 | fatal: repository 'http://<servername>/p/openstack/python-openstackclient/' not found

thanks to edgar magana for catching, and skolekonov for helping debug!

i made the following changes to apache to ensure it served both virtual hosts, this enabled the jenkins slave node to access the git server on the master.

updated 50-jenkins.conf and 50-zuul.conf as below-

/etc/apache2/sites-available$
diff 50-jenkins.conf 50-jenkins.conf.bak
1,2c1
<
<VirtualHost *:80>
<              ServerName jenkins