[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-infra] [third-party CI] Hardware requirements for setting up CI environment

Doug Wiegley dougw at a10networks.com
Fri Oct 31 16:38:25 UTC 2014

Some extra numbers, to explore the lower limits.  The A10/Neutron CI uses the following VMs:

Jenkins/zuul/gearman, Ubuntu 14.04, 1 vcpu, 1GB ram (t2.micro)
Devstack-gate, Ubuntu 14.04, 1 vcpu, 4GB ram (t2.medium)

Note that 4GB doesn’t work if you enable swift; that needs 8gb and more cores.

Since we run a subset of neutron, our test time is 18 minutes.  I need three devstack-gate slaves to keep up with the gate crush, or about 9-10/hour total throughput.  One is plenty with the current level of submissions.

Thanks,
doug