[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-infra] [third-party CI] Hardware requirements for setting up CI environment

Erlon Cruz sombrafam at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 11:59:23 UTC 2014

We have a CI for Cinder drivers. Currently we use 1 instance for the master
and 1 instance for each slave(we test one driver on each slave). The
configuration is the following:

Master: 2VCPUs + 8GB RAM
Slaves: 2VCPUs + 12GB RAM
Network: 4Mb Download + 4Mb Upload

Our jobs usually take 1:20h to run, but that is because of the network. In
our setup we virtualize all hosts using VMWare, which is very handy as we
can save an snapshot and trigger a revert after the job is complete also,
if you have FC drivers, VMWare will save a lot of pain with it PCI
passthrought. We have an step by step to configure the env with VMWare and
Cinder drivers, if you need we can make it available.