[OpenStack-Infra] OpenStack-Infra] [Third Party Testing] Gerrit account needed?

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Oct 27 23:18:11 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014, at 10:49 AM, Nurit Vilosny wrote:
> HI,
> We already have a working CI system as part of Neutron tests.
> We want to start participate in Cinder CI.
> Can we use the same Gerrit account to trigger these different jobs or
> should we have a separate account for cinder?
> Is any registration needed for the same account?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Nurit

Hi there,

You can either use the existing account or get a new one. Typically the
decision on which path to take is based on your needs. Is this going to
be a single shared CI system on the back end for both Neutron and Cinder
testing? If not it is probably easier to have a second account so that
you don't end up needing to coordinate various backends with the same
account.

Also, if you use the same account then you should keep in mind that
voting is done on a per project basis. So if you are able to vote on
Neutron you may not necessarily vote on Cinder.

In any case if you can provide us with a bit more info on how you will
be implementing the new Cinder tests we can provide a recommendation for
the simplest path towards testing Cinder.

Finally, I was asked to point you at the Third Party IRC meetings which
happen in #openstack-meeting on freenode every Monday at 1800UTC [1].
The organizers of that meeting indicated they could help you figure out
one account vs multiple as well.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings#Third_Party_Meeting

Hope this helps,
Clark Boylan