[OpenStack-Infra] [Openstack-i18n] Pootle and Zanata trial

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Oct 22 11:42:44 UTC 2014

I did some testing using the python client and liked that it was
modelled after the transifex one in some cases.

I've documented what I tried - and where I run into problems:

1) Create API key
2) install zanata python client:
$ git clone https://github.com/zanata/zanata-python-client.git

3) Create nova project:
$ zanata --url http://15.126.226.230:8080/ project create nova
--project-name="OpenStack Nova" --project-desc="OpenStack Nova"

4) Create project version "master":
$ zanata version create master --project-id=nova --version-name=master
--version-desc="git master"

5) Manually download zanata.xml file and save to nova top-dir

Note this is a manual update, it needs to be kept in the repo. We could
create this manually if
needed but there's no "tx init" equivalent.

6) Push source po files:

$ zanata po push

7) Push translation files:
$ zanata --url http://15.126.226.230:8080/ push  --push-type=both
--transdir=nova/locale/ --lang=fr -f

Does not work, it does not find the po files like
nova/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/nova.po.

Questions:
* (ad 7): How can I upload the translation files via command line for an
initial import?
* (ad 5) What happens if more languages get added on the server, how to
update the local zanata.xml file? Or is there a way to download it
automatically using the client?

Andreas