[OpenStack-Infra] [Openstack-i18n] Pootle and Zanata trial

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Oct 20 07:22:59 UTC 2014

I've just did a first investigation into the synchronization features -
and have a couple of questions regarding the clients:

Pootle:
- has no official client, there's one in development but it has not seen
any changes since over a year https://github.com/translate/pootle-client
- it looks abandoned ;( See also
http://pootle.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api/using.html
- The integration with a VCS like git is a direct commit to a
repository, nothing that would work for us:
http://pootle.readthedocs.org/en/latest/features/version_control.html

Zanata:
+ synchronization uses same approach as we use with transifex today, we
should be able to use the same proposal scripts as today
- Official client is a Java client.
? There's a python client https://github.com/zanata/zanata-python-client
available as well, not sure about its status. Who can clarify?

Has anybody more information? With my current knowledge about pootle, I
see no nice way to integrate it into our workflow.

I'll test the zanata CLIs next,

Andreas