[OpenStack-Infra] Failing *dsvm-neutron* jobs on precise images

Heald, Mike mike.heald at hp.com
Fri Oct 10 10:47:47 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Yesterday, ubuntu upgraded the precise kernel to 3.2.0-70, which broke the compilation of the openvswitch kernel module. This means that reviews like https://review.openstack.org/#/c/107685 cannot pass the gate, as they depend on check-tempest-dsvm-neutron-icehouse and other precise based jobs.

There's a bug open at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openvswitch/+bug/1379201 , I've added links to the patch that broke things.

We've modified our nodepool scripts to remove -70 and reinstall -69, which works, but isn't a great long term solution... but I'm not familiar enough with the internals of openvswitch to backport a fix.

Mike