[OpenStack-Infra] Snippets for infra manual

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Nov 5 10:35:17 UTC 2014

Hey all,

In the infra-manual talk, we discussed the possibility of having a
collection of tasks separate from roles where those are used, and talked
about how we were going to maybe need to write some sphinx support.

Turns out ... sphinx can already do this right now.

If you have two files:

snippet1.rst:

This is a snippet
=================

I like chicken

snippet2.rst:

This is another snippet
=======================

I also like chicken

You can have those snippets included into another document.

eating-dinner.rst:

After Lunch
===========

At times, you may find that you want to eat again after having already
successfully eaten lunch. There are some options.

.. include:: snippet1.rst

.. include:: snippet2.rst

And you'll have a nice description of dinner all inline without
hyperlinks or anything.

So - win!

I propose we have a directory in the tree called "Tasks" and have a
catalog of each discreet task in a single file. Then, for each role/book
we write, we can write narrative as well as collect includes of tasks
descriptions.

Monty