[OpenStack-Infra] IRC channels

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Thu May 22 23:10:54 UTC 2014

On 05/22/2014 07:03 PM, Birdsall, Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm involved with a nascent open source effort that is using a clone of the Open Stack infrastructure.
>
> I've read and played with the Open Stack IRC enough that I think I understand how end users will access IRC.
>
> My question concerns IRC channels. Refer to https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC. That page says, "If you want to start a new IRC channel, please consult with the InfrastructureTeam in #openstack-infra or at openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org to ensure it gets registered appropriately."
>
> So, what exactly do the infrastructure folks do when creating an IRC channel?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Dave

Hi Dave:

Well first of all we chat a bit to understand the scope of your
direction. We want to understand what you are doing in case there is
already a good channel in place for you do proceed. Sometimes it is best
to work with folks who are already in that space if that exists, it
helps you reach your goals faster.

Some projects are best discussed in the #openstack-infra channel. It
helps us to be aware of obstacles and ensure the project is headed in a
successful direction.

This page might have some information that is helpful for you:
http://ci.openstack.org/irc.html

Do stop into #openstack-infra and say hello. I look forward to chatting
with you there, my nick is anteaya.

Thanks Dave,
Anita.