[OpenStack-Infra] Injecting properties for jenkins job

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sat May 10 11:37:36 UTC 2014

On 05/10/2014 09:22 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> My patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/93129/ to inject properties
> failed, see for example
> http://logs.openstack.org/24/93124/1/check/gate-openstack-manuals-tox-doc-publish-checkbuild/7c11a50
> ;(
>
> It calls /usr/local/jenkins/slave_scripts/docbook-properties.sh which
> depends on ZUUL_REFNAME - and ZUUL_REFNAME seems not to be set during
> the gate.
>
> The jobs that including injecting as post job work just fine:
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/b9/b9edba45d6c174800f1e50f19704fa82e1a1322f/post/openstack-manuals-tox-doc-publishdocs/f9d62f7/console.html

No, it does not work - I guess since we do not reuse the VMs anymore.
The injection file is created correctly but removed later on.

But we can pass the values manually to our tools, so I found a solution
that works for now and thus there's no urgency any more.

Still, I'd like to have this properly solved at some time...

> The patch has been reverted now and I'd like to hear how to fix it
> properly so that the information gets injected during the gate
> (check/gate jobs). Do I need to check another variable? Or place the
> invocation as part of the builder section?

Andreas