[OpenStack-Infra] puppetboard is live

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sun Mar 23 15:26:01 UTC 2014

Thanks to nibalizer's work - http://puppetdb.openstack.org is now a thing.

Several of our nodes were not reporting in - this was due to broken
puppet - fixes for which have been merged already. So I think we can
consider it already useful.

A few notes.

First of all - when we decommission nodes, we should now run:

puppet node deactivate $node

On the puppetmaster, so that we don't continue to think it's a real
node. I've done this for several machines that are no longer with us.

There are two which are not reporting in but which do still exist:

centos6-dev1.slave.openstack.org
precise-dev1.slave.openstack.org

I believe it would be ok to remove these, but I didn't want to do so
without checking with folks.

Finally, zuul-dev is not reporting in - but I was guessing that zaro
might be doing something on it, so I left it alone.

Now - off to fix the nodes that are reporting in but are showing errors...

Monty