[OpenStack-Infra] duplicated account in gerrit!

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Mar 9 23:43:07 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-07 11:16:24 +0100 (+0100), Lahoucine BENLAHMR wrote:
[...]
> The probleme is that, the three account have the same name
> (lahoucine), and it's ambiguous for other's to know which one is
> working, and should select to assign me a review.
[...]
> Can you please permaneltely delete these zombie accounts.

It's not usually a good idea to delete accounts because any changes
or reviews you authored with them would show up as "anonymous" in
the Gerrit interface. Instead I have marked the other two inactive,
which seems to prevent them from being selectable when adding
requested reviewers.

Let me know if you spot any other strangeness which could be related
to this adjustment, since I've not tried to use it for this purpose
previously. If it doesn't have any serious side effects, it may be a
good solution to this sort of problem in the future (it comes up
fairly regularly for us).