[OpenStack-Infra] opportunity for convergence with jjb, turbo-hipster and ansible

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jun 27 13:04:25 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-27 14:40:44 +0200 (+0200), Antoine Musso wrote:
[...]
> I was wondering whether yet another DSL could be build on top of JJB / Zuul.
>
> JJB would provide the templates, macro etc and Zuul the pipelines and
> templates.  The new DSL would let you, out of a single definition,
> realise the appropriate JJB and Zuul project sections.
>
> From there one could build a Django app on top of the new DSL and let
> folks easily click the jobs they want on their project.  And you end up
> with a CI self service.
>
> Sorry probably does not make any sense.

It actually makes a lot of sense. One of the options we discussed
was to backronym it to be Jim's Job Builder and teach JJB to be able
to spit out shell suitable for TH or XML for Jenkins (assuming the
"JJB as a library so TH can read the configs directly" idea proves
less viable). I could see extending that to also teach it to
interact with Zuul's layout configuration, potentially.