[OpenStack-Infra] Status of check-tempest-dsvm-f20 job

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Thu Jun 19 06:31:26 UTC 2014

On 06/19/2014 01:18 AM, James E. Blair wrote:
> (This requires tracking a bit more state across allocation runs).

This seems to be the crux of the matter; once we have some state all
sorts of things become possible.

I've made a proposal in which seems like the most simple place to
start; track if a label requested an allocation last time but didn't
get any, and give them preference the next time around.

This should ensure minimal forward progress?

It could easily be expanded to track the last N times and round-robbin
more fairly, or be expanded to percentage based, or a PID algorithm as
suggested by clarkb, etc etc.  But I just wanted to start with the
most simple thing I could think of.

If the general idea is OK, I can work on it some more.  Particularly
interested in where people are thinking the state should be stored.

Thanks,

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/101110/