[OpenStack-Infra] Brocade: Rogue 3rd-party CI system

Steven Weston sweston at Brocade.com
Thu Jun 12 17:40:10 UTC 2014

Hi Rob,

  Thank you for alerting us to the issue.  Fortunately, we were able to take the Zuul server offline immediately and resolve the issue within half an hour.  I have included a link to the IRC logs, here: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2014-06-12.log

  If there are any further problems, please don’t hesitate to contact us, or feel free to ping me in IRC.

Steve Weston
OpenStack Software Engineer
Brocade

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Collins [mailto:robertc at robertcollins.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:48 AM
To: DL-GRP-VYATTA-OSS; <openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: Brocade: Rogue 3rd-party CI system

Hi, your 3rd-party zuul is mis-configured:
 - its reporting on test starting (which isn't needed for third party systems AFAIK)
 - its claiming that its running at the master zuul location (its not!)
 - its running on everything rather than your area of interest (as far as I can tell)

could you please disable gerrit reporting until you've got it bedded in? Jay Pipes wrote a good guide for doing 3rd-party CI properly...

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist