[OpenStack-Infra] mysqlconnector and pypi vs oracle

Angus Lees guslees at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 08:01:57 UTC 2014

I'd like to switch to using mysqlconnector rather than mysqldb as our
default mysql/sqlalchemy driver.  The discussions behind this are underway
on os-dev and other avenues.

My question here is regarding the simple mechanics of getting
mysql-connector installed on the test machines.  I don't know much about
how these are set up, but I gather it's an issue that mysql-connector is an
external pypi library.

Given that mysql-connector is shipped by the official mysql devs (ie:
Oracle), I'm not much looking forward to convincing Oracle to ship their
software through another repo.   Do we have other avenues available to us?

--
 - Gus