[OpenStack-Infra] suggestions for gate optimizations

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sun Jan 19 20:50:03 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 11:01 PM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:
> On 01/19/2014 05:38 AM, Sean Dague wrote:

[snip]

>> = Periodic recheck on old changes =
>>
>> I think Michael Still said he was working on this one. Certain projects,
>> like Glance and Keystone, tend to approve things with really stale test
>> results (> 1 month old). These fail, and then tumble. They are a be
>> source of the wrecking balls.
>
> I believe he's got it working, actually. I think the real trick with this -
> which I whole-heartedly approve of - is not making node starvation worse.

Yes, I wrote this on Friday. I wanted to write it as a zuul
turbo-hipster plugin, but that wasn't possible because of the way
results are returned in a comment by zuul, so its just a stand along
python script instead. I've been running it on and off over the
weekend, but only while I can watch and hand verify what it does to
build some trust.

Node starvation is an issue, but we don't seem to be too bad at the
moment in terms of check queue depth.

>> Tests results > 1 week are clearly irrelevant. For something like nova,
>>>
>>> 3 days can be problematic.

I am currently triggering on comments on reviews where the jenkins run
is more than 7 days old. If you want me to tweak the age rule I am
more than happy to.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia