[OpenStack-Infra] Fwd: [openstack-infra] Request for Service account for Gerrit

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jan 3 19:12:59 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-03 10:05:17 -0800 (-0800), Sukhdev Kapur wrote:
> Thanks for your help. This account is working as expected.
> However, I have a question. After submitting this request, I felt,
> I should have a separate email alias for this account so that we
> can have dedicated people who can respond in case of any issue.
> With that spirit, I created an account
> arista-openstack-test at aristanetworks.com. I have used this new
> email at the Gerrit's account setting. However, when I see the
> members list at
> https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/91,members, I see old
> email.

Looking at the database, what you actually did was log into
review.openstack.org using a launchpad.net OpenID, which created a
totally new account with the same display name as your system
account (these are not guaranteed to be unique), and then set that
new E-mail address on it. That's unfortunately not going to
work--you can't actually log into the Gerrit Code Review WebUI with
the system accounts we create for third-party testing.

> Is it possible to change it to our new email?
>
> The new email is arista-openstack-test at aristanetworks.com.

Yes, I have disabled the new account you accidentally created and
changed the preferred E-mail address for you system account from
openstack-dev at aristanetworks.com to
arista-openstack-test at aristanetworks.com. Please let us know if you
need anything else.