[OpenStack-Infra] question on zuul layout.yaml on gate pipeline

Akihiro Motoki motoki at da.jp.nec.com
Fri Feb 21 11:20:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just looked zuul layout.yaml to confirm the condition of merging
and I have a question on the gate pipeline trigger.

layout.yaml has the following entry in gate pipeline.
In my understanding, it means that when jenkins posts +1 verified comment,
gate pipeline will start.

My question is:
jenkins posts +1 verified when any check pipeline succeeds and
it seems the following matches all +1 verified from jenkins even for unapproved reviews.
I wonder why it works?

  - name: gate
    trigger:
      gerrit: