[OpenStack-Infra] Error with install_master

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 16:29:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-17 at 15:41 +0000, trinath.somanchi at freescale.com wrote:
> Hi Jay
>
> Okay, let me frame this way.
>
> The configuration is intended for sandbox project. for cinder project do I need to change it to cinder or leave it to sandbox as it is.

Ah, I see now what you are referring to.

You can do whatever you'd like to the example Jenkins jobs configs I put
in my example data repository. Copy them, delete them, change them,
whatever you want.

If, for example, you wanted to run the sandbox-dsvm-tempest-full job
against cinder (instead of openstack-dev/sandbox project), you would
change the etc/jenkins_jobs/config/projects.yaml in your data repository
from this:

- project:
    name: sandbox
    github-org: openstack-dev
    node: master

    jobs:
        - sandbox-noop-check-communication
        - sandbox-dsvm-tempest-full:
            node: devstack_slave

to this:

- project:
    name: cinder
    github-org: openstack
    node: master

    jobs:
        - sandbox-dsvm-tempest-full:
            node: devstack_slave

(you can change the name of the sandbox-dsvm-tempest-full job to
something else as well if you like).

In the etc/zuul/layout.yaml file, you would add the Cinder project  to
the projects section like this:

- project:
    name: cinder
    github-org: openstack
    node: master

    jobs:
        - sandbox-noop-check-communication
        - sandbox-dsvm-tempest-full:
            node: devstack_slave

Due to the confusion around this, I think I might change the example
data repository and change sandbox.yaml to just tests.yaml, and remove
the sandbox- prefix from those job names (since they can clearly be run
for any project).

I will update the latest article accordingly. Thanks for your patience,
Trinath!

-jay