[OpenStack-Infra] Jenkins job may run on same node in CI environment.

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 13 06:28:10 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-11 16:47:26 +0800 (+0800), Guo Qing GH Hu wrote:
> I found that in following scenario jenkins job may run on same
> node in CI environment.
>
> [cid]
> When nodepool is trying to delete the node 1 on jenkins, but the
> node has been assigned to queued 2, so nodepool will be failed to
> delete node 1.
[...]

I suspect your Zuul layout may not be configured to pass the
OFFLINE_NODE_WHEN_COMPLETE parameter with that job, which should
cause the Jenkins Gearman plugin to atomically offline a node at job
completion without giving Jenkins an opportunity to assign it
another job. For OpenStack Infra we do this with a single_use_node
parameter function in the
modules/openstack_project/files/zuul/openstack_functions.py file in
openstack-infra/config.