[OpenStack-Infra] Gerrit account voting access suspended for Cisco Neutron CI

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 6 21:28:47 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-06 16:56:24 +0000 (+0000), Dane Leblanc (leblancd) wrote:
> Can we un-suspend the Cisco Neutron CI account?

As I mentioned in my initial E-mail, please follow up with the
Neutron community (perhaps add an item to the agenda for their
upcoming weekly meeting if it's not already overbooked) and get some
consensus that they're ready for your CI to resume commenting on
proposed changes. I don't really want to be the one deciding who
should be providing verification votes on changes, I'm just one of
the unfortunate button-pushers who turns that access on and off.
Ultimately it's up to the developer community to decide these things
and determine acceptable guidelines.

> We currently have 2 Jenkins servers listening for Gerrit triggers.
> One is operating in "Silent Mode", and the other is running
> successful Tempest tests.  Here is a sample of logs for the tests:
> http://128.107.233.28:8080/job/neutron/4/

I've confirmed I can view that, so looks good.

> The contact mail alias cisco-openstack-neutron-ci at cisco.com
> should also be in effect.

Great! I'm Cc'ing it on my reply as a test, just so we can confirm
it's working now.

> I'm not seeing review e-mails from the successful Tempest tests,
> (I have "Silent Mode" off for this server), and I'm assuming that
> this is because of the account suspension.

If you adjust your current configuration to only leave comments and
not leave votes along with them, then that should at least work for
now. I only removed the necessary access to leave votes, and did not
completely disable the account.