[OpenStack-Infra] Gerrit and Storyboard integration

Zaro zaro0508 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 01:00:06 UTC 2014

Hello all, I just wanted to let everyone know that I've started a new
Gerrit plugin project, its-storybard[1].  This plugin will allow us to
integrate Gerrit with Storyboard in a similar way we have integrated Gerrit
with Launchpad.  The Gerrit project implemented a set of generic ITS('issue
tracking system') integration points in ver 2.9 that allows plugins to
easily extend to integrate Gerrit with any ITS application.  You can find
other its-* plugins in the Gerrit repo, such as its-bugzilla, its-jira,
etc..

Some examples of what the its-storybard plugin will provide:

- update comments on storyboard stories when an associated Gerrit change is
updated
- update a storyboard's task status on an associated Gerrit change status
transition.
- create a new storyboard task when a new change is created in Gerrit.

I believe our current setup to integrate Gerrit with Launchpad is using
jeepyb[2].  I think jeepyb was a good solution for the pre-Gerrit 2.9 days
but going forward I think the its-storyboard plugin would be a better
solution.  You can find the initial its-storyboard patch[3] upstream.  If
you are interested please take a look.  The initial patch is on Gerrit
master (currently ver 2.11).

The process to getting this into Openstack Gerrit is to upgrade our Gerrit
to at least ver 2.9, back porting the plugin, then adding the installation
to system-config.

Have a very merry x-mas.
-Khai

[1] https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/its-storyboard