[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-dev] [infra] Basic zuul merger startup

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 20:50:03 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-23 at 20:40 +0000, Dane Leblanc (leblancd) wrote:
> Jay:
>
> Thanks, your merger-logging.conf file helped me get further... the Jenkins jobs are now being called after the merge.

Awesome news :)

> For the Jenkins job script... Is there a way to run DevStack and tell it to clone one project (openstack/neutron, in my case) from the local merged repo, but to clone all other projects from the usual github?  Is there a localrc setting (e.g. NEUTRON_BRANCH) which can be used for this?

Yup, there is. There are environment variables (ZUUL_REF, ZUUL_PROJECT,
ZUUL_BRANCH, etc) that are passed by Gerrit to Zuul and may be used by
scripts to set up your environment.

Unless there's a *really* good reason not to, I would advise using the
upstream devstack-gate setup scripts to construct your environment.
These scripts understand the ZUUL_XXX variables and call devstack's
stack.sh script and set up all the plumbing for you to point the
Zuul-controlled Git repositories to either the SHA1 of the commit being
tested, or the HEAD of the master branches of other projects.

You can control the devstack-gate scripts with a dizzying array of
environment variables as well.

I'd recommend giving these articles a read. They will walk you through
devstack-gate and their integration with Zuul.

http://www.joinfu.com/2014/01/understanding-the-openstack-ci-system/
http://www.joinfu.com/2014/02/setting-up-an-openstack-external-testing-system/
http://www.joinfu.com/2014/02/setting-up-an-openstack-external-testing-system-part-2/

You can always find me on IRC #openstack-nova or #openstack-neutron. I'm
happy to help you.

Best,
-jay