[OpenStack-Infra] Desired requirements for centralized contributor identity service (was RE: On being an OpenID consumer instead of an OpenID producer.)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Sep 26 23:49:59 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-26 21:40:21 +0000 (+0000), Atwood, Mark wrote:
[...]
> First of all and most of all, I want the whole thing to be open
> source, and managed via the OpenStack infra review process, just
> like the rest of the stuff managed by Monty's team.
[...]

I can guarantee that at least *I* will not be hacking on it unless
it meets those minimum criteria. And for everything else on your
list, well it's openly developed at that point so patches welcome!

But in seriousness, the bits of the foundation member system which
it will probably end up integrating with are on their way to being
opened up already (we've all been pushing for that for a while), so
while I share the sentiment this hopefully shouldn't be a concern by
the time it comes to pass.