[OpenStack-Infra] List of properties that use Launchpad OpenID

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Sep 25 09:37:20 UTC 2013

David Stanek wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org
> <mailto:stefano at openstack.org>> wrote:
>
>     We're still in the initial phases of the project so there is plenty of
>     room to make suggestions. The reason of my original question is to have
>     a full understanding of what systems are currently consuming Launchpad
>     ID and make sure that whatever system we pick doesn't break them and
>     eventually leaves space for improvements.
>

> I don't think you should pick any OpenID provider.  Let the user pick
> the one that they already use.

+1

I think the idea is to support any OpenID provider, rather than forcing
everyone to use Launchpad. The Foundation /could/ run its own provider
as an option for people who don't have an OpenID yet, but you should
still be able to use your own OpenID provider on Foundation systems
(including Launchpad's one for those attached to it).

As long as we depend on Launchpad (which ONLY supports Launchpad's
OpenID provider) there is no way to migrate to something else anyway...
so this is more a "future plans" thing.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)