[OpenStack-Infra] List of properties that use Launchpad OpenID

Mark Atwood me at mark.atwood.name
Tue Sep 24 21:39:32 UTC 2013

Everyone wants to be an OpenID provider, but nobody wants to be an
OpenID consumer.  The OpenStack development webapps have been a
refreshing exception.

If we are going to pivot the OpenStack project websites off of
consuming only the LaunchPad OpenID provider, why not allow them to
consume any arbitrary (or at least whitelisted) OpenID provider,
instead of standing up Still Yet Another provider?

One reason I like the LaunchPad ID still, is that I use Two Factor
Auth with it (you can enable the RFC standard OATH HOTP 2FA protocol
on your Launchpad/Canonical/Ubuntu account, which means it Just Works
with the Google Authenticator app), and I can use the known LaunchPad
API to get metadata about the contributors.

If we do stand up an OpenStack.org identity provider, will it also
support such an API, and support 2FA, and the various new identity and
metadata APIs that have been and are being published?

..m