[OpenStack-Infra] Request a Gerrit service account.

Kurt Taylor krtaylor at us.ibm.com
Sat Nov 23 17:48:36 UTC 2013

Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote on 11/22/2013 08:16:36
PM:

> Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com>

> Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org>,

> openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org, Shao Mei SM Ji <jishaom at cn.ibm.com>

> 11/22/2013 08:17 PM

> Re: [OpenStack-Infra] Request a Gerrit service account.
>

> On Friday, November 22, 2013 6:46:54 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> > On 2013-11-23 00:57:51 +0800 (+0800), Shao Mei SM Ji wrote:
> > [...]
> >>     4) Email: jishaom at cn.ibm.com
> >
> > This is going to present a problem, since that is not a unique
> > E-mail address within Gerrit--it's already in use by your jishaomei
> > account. Quoting from
> > http://ci.openstack.org/third_party.html#requesting-a-service-account
> > "A unique contact E-mail address or alias for this system, which can
> > not be in use as a contact address for any other Gerrit accounts on
> > review.openstack.org (Gerrit doesn’t deal well with duplicate E-mail
> > addresses between accounts)." If you have a group contact for your
> > testing efforts or something, we can use that instead.
>
> Shao Mei,
>
> There might be some confusion here.  The original thread for this
> request was asking for the username as 'root' which was a bad choice
> and that was pointed out, so I think you corrected that with this
> revision [1] and then maybe the confusion was that the account wasn't
> created for the second (revision) request?
>
> It sounds like that request was fulfilled though given Jeremy's
> response.  Can you clarify/confirm?  To break down the username, cstl
> is China Systems Technology Lab and cd is Continuous Delivery.  That's
> not covering all of IBM, nor should it, but if you know the inner
> plumbing it seems good enough for me.
>
> The only issue I'd raise is it looks like you're using your personal
> work email?  I would expect a functional email instead which would stay
> with your organization in case you move and no longer work on the team
> that needs this account.
>
> [1]

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-infra/2013-November/000443.html

Shao Mei,

You shouldn't be using your personal IBM email to report back. Second, we
need to
get you added to the CCLA/ICLA before this goes any further.

I am in the process of getting all this set up for KVM on Power CI testing
and I
can help you with getting this done. Contact me and I can show you how to
set up
an email address for this testing and get you added to the license
agreements.

Kurt R Taylor (krtaylor)
IBM LTC OpenStack Development - KVM on Power CI