[OpenStack-Infra] Question about SSH key for Gerrit service account

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Nov 21 01:24:38 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-20 22:08:08 +0000 (+0000), Juergen Brendel (jbrendel) wrote:
> It says there that you'd need my SSH key (the SSH key of my
> reviewer account). Does this mean that this key will be tied to
> the service account and that our system (when interacting with the
> service account) will present my personal key?

That wasn't the intended interpretation there... I'll see if I can
come up with better wording.

> Is it not possible to create a new key just for use by that
> service account?

Yes, that's what we want. You COULD use one key for both if you
really wanted (you identify as the SSH username for the connection,
and merely authenticate with the RSA key so the latter does not have
to be unique), but you're far better off keeping them separate.